OHSU- Hillsboro has a one EVS position for NIGHTS just opened for OHSU Oregon Health Hillsboro Medical Center 3-month contract.
Job Location: 335 Southeast Eighth Avenue Hillsboro, OR 97123
SHIFT: Night 4x12-Hour (18:00 - 06:30)
Schedule: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 6pm-6am 4=12
Pay Rate: $20-23hr W2
**Need proof Covid Vaccine or proof of exemption to submit**
Cleans and sanitizes patient care areas and equipment utilizing techniques, chemicals and personal protective equipment outlined in policies. Performs a variety of environmental services tasks to keep patient care areas, offices and public spaces in a clean and sanitary condition. Deals with trash and hazardous medical waste. Assists in other projects such as floor cleaning. Stocks supplies and makes beds/stretchers. Always provides guidance and excellent customer service to customers.
• Cleans and sanitizes patient care as well as non-patient areas including office, restrooms, and other areas as assigned.
• Performs all periodic cleaning duties as scheduled, including stripping and waxing hard floor surfaces, carpet extraction, carpet maintenance, furniture cleaning, washing of equipment, walls ceilings, windows, blinds and light fixtures as scheduled.
• Disposes of recyclable paper and other recyclable items in designated containers.
• Collects trash, linen and trash carts. Empties and cleans trash bins, operates trash compactor.
• Handles and disposes of infectious waste according to policy to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
• Handles and disposes of chemicals used in the cleaning process according to policy to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
• Stocks EVS closets and carts, replenishes dispensers (soap, paper towels, toilet paper, alcohol-based hand sanitizer, disposable seat covers).
• Able to deal with multiple demands in a fast-paced work environment.
• Must be able to communicate in English with patients, internal customers (nurses, techs, and medical staff) and EVS Lead. Must be able to understand both verbal and written instruction in English to assist and communicate with our patients, respond to emergency pages overhead, and to understand labeling of chemicals for the purpose of cleaning, safety, etc.
• Personal appearance makes a good first impression.
• Candidates must demonstrate and provide excellent communication and customer service skills as well as enjoy interacting with the public.
• Operates all equipment in a safe manner.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, putting the needs of the customer and patients first.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• Previous janitorial experience.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.