Spartanburg Regional Healthcare in Spartanburg South Carolina is looking for an IT Security Analyst for 1 year contract.
100% remote – can work from any location but must work 8a - 5p EST.
Must come on-site for Day 5 orientation
START DATE: somewhere between 7/31/22 and 8/15/22
Shift: Day shift 8a-5p EST, Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $20-$28 hr WW
LOCATION: 700 North Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC. for the first 5 days to orient and acclimate and then will work 100% REMOTE
* Please include interview availability for the 3 business days following submittal
Security professional (w/ or w/o Healthcare experience) to review 3rd party / vendor software and applications. Identify risk, gaps in process and administrative controls, and assist in the decision-making process to determine an effective remedy for other teams to execute deliverables. Proven work experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security Engineer. The IT Security Engineer is an individual contributor role responsible for supporting a global program to identify, exploit, and communicate application and network security layer vulnerabilities. Contractor will be involved in every conversation across the organization that pertain to systems security and may have 5-7 projects on their desk at any given time. Will NOT be hands on in any installation of integration, just involved in the initial conversations about policy perspective of utilizing a new software/system.
• Experience working on projects with security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software (Trend Micro), authentication systems, log/SIEM management (LogRhythm), content filtering, etc.
• Current experience in the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols will be used daily, along with web related technologies (web applications, web services, service-oriented architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
• In addition, the IT Security Engineer will identify gaps in process and administrative controls and assist in the decision-making process to determine an effective remedy for other teams to execute deliverables.
The Engineer will need to develop strong relationships with business process owners to successfully execute security assessments and promote remediation. Strong technical and analytical experience is a must.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years IT security experience; willing to consider strong IT professionals that haven't specifically moved into security arena but have that experience in their background
• Basic knowledge of NIST or ISO frameworks and HIPAA / PHI compliance and standards
• Healthcare IT Security experience
Core Job Responsibilities
• Identify and communicate security risks and define system security requirements
• Develop technical solutions and to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
• Facilitate vulnerability management programs across systems, networking, and engineering teams
• Develop, test, deploy, and operationalize security monitoring, assessment, and response solutions
• Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
• Respond to security alerts and events
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure
• Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement
• Maintain technical knowledge within industry
• Work on multiple tasks concurrently
• Directly support team projects as needed