UC San Diego Health is looking TWO(2X) for a100% Remote IR Scheduler for 3+ Month Contract.
Shift: M-F, 8-4pm, PST
Work Location: 9300 Campus Point Drive La Jolla, CA 92037
Start date: ASAP
Pay Rate: $25-$30hr W2
Need Last 4 SSN and DOB to submit.
Under the supervision and direction of the Nurse Manager and Clinical Operations Supervisor, Coordinator performs and coordinates general front office duties, to include but not limited to procedure and clinic appointment scheduling, patient registration.. Serves as key resource for physicians, patients, patient families, staff, ambulatory care service managers, and referring physician offices. Functions as an expert for the department and acts as a liaison between the clinical, procedural, and operational sides of the business. Initiates and communicates with vendors to ensure availability of specialized Endoscopy equipment during advanced procedures.
Responsible for scheduling and registration using EPIC systems, which entails interacting closely and communicating clearly with a variety of private and government agencies such as health insurance companies, community medical groups, and with faculty, clinic staff, administrators, professional organizations, outside agencies (i.e. insurance companies, community medical groups) as needed. Answers multi-line incoming customer calls, completing online registration, scheduling appointments and procedures, scanning records and securing authorization for scheduled services.
Adheres to the established scheduling protocols and telephone scripting and behavioral standards. Interviews customer via telephone to obtain demographic and financial information necessary to secure patient account. Interviews customers to obtain health information that may need further medical Utilizes various automated eligibility systems to obtain basic eligibility information.
Communicates clearly and effectively with patient/clinic staff when services are deemed unauthorized. Maintains workstation in an organized manner as outlines by management to facilitate efficient and effective retrieval of information. Reads and adheres to policy changes within Registration and Scheduling. Attends and actively participates in staff meetings, sharing information and ideas with co-workers to maintain and environment conducive to learning and supports cohesive team atmosphere. Performs other duties as needed by department.
• Minimum three (3) years experience working in a large complex healthcare setting and an understanding of scheduling, registration
• Experience coordinating, maintaining and arranging complex calendars for meetings, events, programs and appointments.
• Demonstrated experience in working with Health Insurance companies and Community Medical Groups.
• Fluency in oral and written communications in English.
• Knowledge of third-party payors including federal, state, and private health plans.
• Knowledge of various insurance including HMO, PPO, POS, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and related database software.
• Interventional radiology experience.
• Knowledge of medical/scientific terminology.
• Knowledge of UC policies and procedures regarding purchasing, pay authorization, and entertainment expense reimbursement.
• Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
• Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.