OHSU is looking for a Financial Analyst for 3 months, opportunity for contract to hire
100% onsite at OHSU Hillsboro, OR 97123
Work Address: 335 Southeast Eighth Avenue Hillsboro, OR 97123
Shift: Days, 8-5pm
Pay Rate: $50-$55hr W2
**Need Covid Vaccination, DOB and last 4 of SSN to submit**
• Provides analytical support to various directors and managers (as assigned) with the aim of improving hospital operations and financial performance.
• Analyzes and interprets contracts, i.e. physician employment agreements, practice support agreements, grants and leases.
• Develops and maintains long-term financial planning and other accounting/activity tracking models using various PC applications.
• Initiates and leads the development of operations and capital budget models.
• Initiates and leads the development of decision support models (service line margin analysis, cost accounting, productivity, physician practice profiling, etc.).
• Leads and/or coordinates major finance projects such as the annual operating and capital budget, consulting studies and new business feasibility studies.
• Works directly with appropriate leadership outside the department to prepare financial plans and monitor financial results of affiliated companies as assigned.
• Assists Director of Finance and/or Chief Financial Officer in preparation of special projects provides back-up to other personnel in the Department, and performs other duties as assigned.
• Develops working knowledge of AP/PR/GL/MM software and corporate policies related to these areas and participates in modifications as necessary. Participates in the evaluation of, and coordinates implementation of new systems as required. Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of the job:
• Presents in an organized and understandable manner, complex healthcare financial issues to individuals who are trained and focused in clinical disciplines (physician, nurses, managers of clinical departments, etc.) as well as individuals (Board Members) who do not work in the healthcare environment on a daily basis.
• Provides guidance and acts as a resource as appropriate to Financial Analyst levels I & II. Decision Making And Budget Responsibilities
• Decisions can impact the organizational financial planning and reporting.
• Supports the director with budget planning.
Required Education: Baccalaureate degree in finance/accounting
•5-7 years combined experience in finance or accounting
•4-6 of those years must be financial analysis experience demonstrating advanced analytical and technical skills.
•2-3 of those years doing financial analysis in an acute-care healthcare setting
• Healthcare finance experience. Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations.
•Expert level spreadsheet skills, including complex functions, formulas, formatting, and reporting.
•Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead, and give strategic consultation to senior leaders regarding key business decisions utilizing financial analytics.
•Experience with relational databases, including business intelligence tools and budget systems.
•Understanding of financial reporting concepts, such as cost accounting and net present value analysis.
•Demonstrated ability to lead presentations, training, or facilitate meetings with a diverse group of participants.
•Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team members, and work in cross-functional teams.
•Hospital Budgeting experience.
• Prior leadership positions within Finance
MBA, CPA, CMA, CHFP, or FHFMA
• Experience with MS4
Experience with Axiom financial software
Required Job Related Skills:
• Ability to provide functional guidance to less experienced analysts.
• Ability to influence and provide guidance for all levels within the organization, including executive leadership.
• Ability to work and make decisions independently.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and database applications.
• Effective project management and communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize work load.
• Ability to present to both small and large groups and communicate financial information to non-financial managers.
• Professional personal appearance makes a good first impression.
• Utilizes available financial information and systems to prepare feasibility studies and decision support analyses (margin analysis, physician practice profiles, etc.) as requested.
• Demonstrates confidentiality according to PHI regarding patient and co-worker information.
• Maintains working knowledge of personal computer and mainframe operations.
• Uses PC skills in communicating and analyzing data.
• Maintains knowledge of general accounting principles.
• Maintains competency in all areas of healthcare finance.
• Exhibits leadership, integrity, and high level of initiative.
• Comfortably and competently presents information to hospital leadership groups (Admin Team, Directors, and Leadership).
• Develops a good rapport with internal customers.
• Utilizes excellent analytical skills and writes ideas in a concise manner which is easy for the average employee to understand. Preferred
• Proficiency in Axiom.
• Bilingual skills a plus