UC San Diego Health is looking for an Administrative Assistant for 3+ month contract onsite in La Jolla, CA.
Shift: Day 5x8-Hour (08:00 - 16:30) PST Variable days, weekends required.
Job Location: 200 West Arbor Drive San Diego, CA 92103
Start date: 5/23/2022
Pay Rate: $17-$23hr W2
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: *Minimum 1 year of Customer Service experience
*Experience working in medical environment
*Ideal candidate will be punctual, driven, and work autonomously Demonstrated experience providing full range of high level independent executive administrative support combined with proven skill to coordinate complex activities and use independent judgment to organize and prioritize office functions.
• Advanced skill level with MS Office, including word processing software application (Word) and demonstrated knowledge of software such as Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with preparing presentations, including using PowerPoint slides, tables, and graphs.
•Proven ability to work independently without direct supervision using initiative and resourcefulness. Ability and willingness to learn new skills and take on new tasks as needed for all aspects of the position. Strong independent prioritization and allocations skills. Strict sense of confidentiality.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including diplomacy, tact, and flexibility. Proven ability to interact with all organizational levels and to communicate effectively and professionally both in person and via phone. Strong phone etiquette. Ability to present a positive impression in person, on the telephone and through email.
• Fast and accurate typing/word processing skills. Experience operating general office equipment including computer, printer, copier, fax, etc.
• Ability to identify problems and develop responsive, creative, innovative and effective solutions and recommendations. Analytical and comprehension skills to understand and interpret complex written materials.
• Demonstrated experience coordinating, maintaining and arranging complex calendars for meetings, appointments, and travel.
• Experience in planning and organizing functions, meetings and/or special events. This includes preparing agenda, collating/distributing materials, and documenting/formatting minutes of meetings and ensuring action items are completed, followed-up and documented.
• Experience developing and editing documents. Experience producing marketing materials, letters, correspondence and/or reports containing tables, slides, graphs, etc.
• Knowledge of medical and research terminology.
• Experience with disbursement processes and procedures. Experience reconciling accounts and ledgers.
• Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting principles.