Hoag is looking for a Self-Pay Collector for 6-12 months Onsite at their Costa Mesa Business Center.
Max Pays: $16-$20hr W2
Shift: 8AM-5PM 100% Onsite
Address: Hoag Business Center-2975 Red Hill Costa Mesa, CA. 92626
Reason Detail: Long term LOA
***Please submit Covid Card, Last four of SSN and DOB***
• Understanding of hospital reimbursement methodologies, including DRGs, APCs and standard payment methodology
• Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT-4 and HCPC’s coding systems
• Background in billing, insurance verification, coding processes, patient access or appointment scheduling
• 1-2 years of experience in a hospital business office with a high call volume setting
• Bilingual English/Spanish
The Collector I assist with all payment related inquiries in person, by phone, or email from any customer; patient, insurance company, Hoag employees, and in some cases physician offices. Contacts patients/guarantors regarding balances for services provided and collects payment. Informs patient/guarantor of opportunities for government or private programs for financial assistance if applicable. Documents all calls and actions taken in the appropriate systems. Accurately codes insurance plan codes. Makes appropriate changes as needed and submits/re-submits claims. Establishes a payment arrangement when patients are unable to pay in full at the time payment is due. Depending on service line, may complete daily deposits, post payments, and coordinate patient statements. May review for applicable cash rates, special rates, applicable professional and employee discounts. May process bankruptcy and deceased patient accounts. Performs other duties as assigned.