JOB Description Specifics:
1. Understand the business customer’s needs and system capabilities required for the services needed by IoT-enabled buildings
2. Develop, own and maintain automation test plans for IoT systems
3. Strong proficiency in multiple programming languages (C#, Java, Python, …)
4. Lead test efforts for creating and executing scripts and tests for test platforms that support 3rd party capabilities or content.
5. Write and implement tests for Mobile Apps, Web, etc. using industry standard best practices
6. Write and execute automation and QA test requirements for mobile applications, IoT platform, and back end systems
7. Collaborate with QA engineers, product management, software developers, and project managers to deliver high quality comprehensive tests on time with 100% code coverage.
8. Complete QA in test environments. Develop and maintain a test environment.
9. Support overall project and program Alpha, Beta, and UAT test requirements within the overall project schedule.
10. Triage and support issues once escalated.
11. Demonstrated analytics expertise, preferably with Power BI.
12. Prepare QA dashboards, reports and presentations as needed
- The candidate must have at least 8 years of progressively more challenging hands-on testing and certification experience in automation testing multi-channel solutions across web, iOS and Android channels.
- The candidate must have deep expertise in automation testing of cloud-based RESTful API solutions, CI/CD, microservices, unit testing, functional testing, system testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing, user acceptance testing, and chaos engineering / testing across web, iOS and Android mobile environments.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented, comfortable working in fluid environments, and have a strong background in mathematics, computer science, and/or engineering.
The candidate will develop automation scripts for internal testing, as well as coordinate with external vendors on the development of an integrated QS plan across multiple systems in an IoT ecosystem.
• 8+ years of hands-on test automation experience in writing automation testing scripts, and successful execution of automation tests of multi-channel web products across digital, iOS and Android channels.
• Hands-on expertise in industry standard automation testing, load testing, and other QA tools.
• Previous successful people management expertise is helpful but not mandatory.
• Strong understanding application development and operating systems and their native capabilities.
• Technical understanding of content management systems, data call flows, data layers, security, caching, APIs, micro services, SDKs, data networks and data bases (cloud).
• Has strong project management, communication, and time management skills.
• Ability to prioritize and communicate priorities to leadership and cross functional teams. Ensure they get completed in an order that drives the most value for the customer and the company.
• Ability to see the big picture and break down project testing goals into manageable QA cycles while delivering value and moving towards the final goal.
• Ability to pivot from existing plan to address any unforeseen circumstances and maintain calm within the development team.
• Ability to work in an Agile/Scrum software development environment.
• Triage and support customer issues once escalated. Prioritize which issues to address.
• Excellent communicator, both written and spoken. Must be able to explain QA objectives, technical feasibility, define requirements, and technical implementations to diverse audiences
• Manage and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Strong problem-solving skills and able to get into the technical weeds to come to a solution.
• Has a Global Mindset, understands that the products and services are used differently across our global customer base and that we must tailor or products to best meet their need while maintaining operational efficiencies.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics or computer science
• Advanced degree (MS, MA, MBA) preferred but not mandatory