Children’s Health System of Texas is looking for Senior Enterprise App Analyst for 1 year contract role.
Address: CMC - TRINITY TOWERS 2777 N. Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75207
Pay Rate: $45-$47hr W2
Date Range: 1/4/2022 to 1/7/2023
Reports to Group Manager within Business Application Services (BAS). Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing, and recommending changes in support of assigned applications / systems, including ongoing production maintenance and troubleshooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of supported applications / systems; leads and/or coordinates conversions, application / system testing and documentation of system procedures; participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution related to assigned projects; provides go-live support, and serves as primary point of contact for on-going production maintenance/support and troubleshooting. Participates in on-call / after hours support schedule as defined within the Group. Serves as Team Leader or Project Manager for medium to large sized projects that are owned by Business Application Services.
• Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
• Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
• Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
• Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
• Works independently, receives minimal guidance
• Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus Implementation: Responsibility for evaluating project requests associated with field of expertise and/or systems supported, conducting current state assessments, requirements gathering and definition, future state design and application build activities. Responsible for leading implementation teams in planning, design, development, testing (unit, application and integrated), and deployment of projects, as well as contributing to development of associated training curriculum/program, post implementation documentation and production support services. Ensure systems design supports corporate policies and federal legislation, where applicable. Work with customer departments to ensure solutions to complex business issues are an appropriate fit organization-wide. Project Management: Prepare detailed project plans. Lead Application Team in adhering to project schedules and timelines and completing projects on time and within budget. Identify and escalate issues to appropriate sponsor group, steering committee or other governing body to ensure successful implementation (on time, on budget and within scope). Responsible for facilitating change request process in relation to assigned projects. Prepare supporting documentation and present initial project requests and change requests to appropriate Change Advisory Subgroup(s). Provide weekly status updates on assigned projects. Work with Group Manager to coordinate necessary support with Project Management Office (PMO) as needed. Maintenance, Support and Troubleshooting: Monitor, acknowledge and resolve heat tickets as assigned. Coordinate software and hardware patches, service packs, and version upgrades with customer departments and System Administrator(s). Develop and maintain documentation for system procedures.
7-10 years’ work related experience Project management experience Direct experience related to same or similar systems installed at Children's