Hoag seeking (3x) Referral Coordinator for 3 months temp contract
Please also let candidates know that many other teams at Hoag seek out candidates with the skillset required to perform well in this role, so while this role may be temp only, the candidates would have the opportunity to get their foot in the door at Hoag in a temp role, make a great impression, and potentially be considered for other roles once this one has finished.
Max Pays: $16-$19hr W2
Shift: 8AM-5PM 100% Onsite
Address: Hoag Personal Care-2995 Red Hill #100 Costa Mesa, CA. 92626
***Must be Vaccinated to submit***
Skills: 1+ years of experience in outpatient health care system(s) including managed care.
Prepares clinical data for physician approval and obtains authorizations; acts as liaison between patient, medical assistant, physician, and Central Business Office.
· Ensures all referrals are completed.
· Ability to prioritize based on urgency of referral.
· Processes authorization for consults and procedures on both fee-for-service as well as managed care patients.
· Advises the patient of receipt/denial of authorization requests.
· Maintains internal log of referral status per protocols of the medical office as well as documentation in the IDX system as outlined as outlined by CMS Department.
· Ensures accurate and timely completion of forms to expedite patient care.
· Supports referral process for all physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
· Performs advanced functions of the EMR which are beyond the abilities of front and back office users.
· Ensures all authorizations are placed in the appropriate folder within patient charts.
· Enforce the communication of direct and indirect referrals to manage patient expectations.
· Provides excellent patient experience.