UC San Diego Health is looking for an IT Project Coordinator for contract
Shift: Day (8 Hours) 8:00 17:00
Pay Range: $50hr W2
Job Location: 9560 Towne Centre Drive San Diego, CA 92121
START DATE: ASAP (Please note that due to average compliance timelines and ETA's for required background checks, we will need 3 weeks after offer to complete pre-employment requirements)
END DATE/CONTRACT LENGTH: 6/30/2022
SHIFT: M-F, 8 hours each day Responsibilities include:
• Strategic oversight of all IS procurement, IS Installation, Pre-move, Move, and Post move/Close-out phase activities for specified assigned projects.
• Assist with the procurement and purchasing of IS using standard EHR (i.e. Epic) equipment workflow. Support budget and schedule tracking efforts for IS fit up’s and moves, and meet with relevant Project Architects (A/E) and Project Managers, to be able to prepare office layouts and work with the occupants to plan furniture and equipment relocation of existing to the move location.
• Work with vendors and/or movers to assist with filling in equipment and furnishings where there are gaps. Coordinate and prepare a list of all new equipment needed for the project. Assist with the timely and successful IS installation, punch-list sign-off, and transition during swing space, relocation, and/or move into new buildings. Create detailed scope of work for Task Orders for Contractors/Movers as necessary.
• Work with the IS Project Manager to select and prepare a list of all equipment needed for the project. Assist in on-site planning of daily activities of the desktop technicians during the Pre-Move, Move, Installation, and Post Move/Close-Out Phases and for the re-securing all such areas during design and project fit-up.
• Assist in the coordination of all furniture and equipment deliveries with PMs, CPDs, and Facility Directors if applicable; work closely with Asset Management Team to coordinate all asset tagging and disposition requirements.
• Record basic system information on PC Disconnect/Reconnect Checklist such as serial numbers, manufacturer, model numbers and placement.
• Possess the ability and willingness to assist the moving crews if needed.
• May be required to set, offset, push, pull, lift, carry and move computer equipment, furniture, miscellaneous equipment and boxes as required.
• Depending on the assignment, employee may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations, or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of computer equipment, tools of 10-50 pounds. Employee requires to have good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
• Support the Furniture/Equipment/Relocation Project Management Services with an emphasis in Information Services selection, procurement coordination, and purchasing for all such areas as identified by the project scope
• Three (3) or more years of relevant experience – project management, project management applications (e.g. Clarity, Service Now), and/or IS technical support.
• Applied knowledge of project management best practices and frameworks such as PMI’s Body of Knowledge or System Development Lifecycle. • Healthcare and IT industry experience.
• Professional experience and proven success managing technical projects.
• Requires effective communication and organization skills.
• CAPM, PMP or PgMP Project Management Institute certification and/or other formal project management training.
• Experience with large, academic medical center IS projects (Relocation, T.I., New Construction.
• Vendor management experience.
• Construction Drawing analysis
• Reading prints
• Application of plans and specifications