Hoag is looking for Two Receptionist Scheduler in Newport Beach, California.
Address: 1 Hoag Dr., Hoag Newport Beach, CA 92663
Pay Range: $16-$19hr W2
Number of Positions: 2
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Minimum one (1) year business office experience, preferably within an ambulatory or acute
• Basic typing skills.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Excellent communication skills; customer focused; excellent attention to detail; able to prioritize
tasks and meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
• Qualified bilingual or multilingual candidates.
The Receptionist Scheduler will assist in the coordination and execution of patient scheduling,
representing Hoag Hospital as the patient’s first point of contact. The Receptionist Scheduler will
collaborate in the management and scheduling of cardiology appointments for the various departments of
HVI facilitating communication between physicians, physician’s offices, other departments, patients and
Actively works with patient/physician/physician’s office/manager/staff members to facilitate the
scheduling procedures for the different HVI departments.
• Organizes the schedules to best utilize the department facilities and staffing.
• Communicates effectively with team regarding changes in schedule, patient issues and physician
• Maintains accurate information and utilizes various software, including department specific
programs, to schedule, enter charges, find and scan documents, and accurately enter patient
• With changes, follows through with timely communication to all appropriate locations and
individuals of patient location/assignment, schedule changes.
• Provides information per request (i.e. patient reports, schedules) in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Greets customers, assists patients with completion of required paperwork and answers department
phone in a timely, helpful and friendly manner.
• Ensures that patient charts have all the required paperwork prior to the patient’s procedure.
• As directed by clinical staff, places orders for patient tests to be performed as needed during patient
• Assist clinical staff as needed with patients and family members.
• Demonstrates the ability to organize and plan daily work with completion requirements.
• Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
• Position may require working for various HVI departments as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to the above, the Receptionist Scheduler may be responsible for the following:
Cath lab holding telemetry technician:
The Telemetry Technician maintains constant monitoring of electrocardiogram for designated patients
throughout the entire shift, recognizing changes in electrocardiogram and informing RN of changes.
• Independently identifies cardiac rhythm and documents ECG measurements per unit standard.
• Promotes patient safety by ensuring monitor alarms are kept on with the appropriate alarm limits.
• Immediately identifies abnormal ECG rhythms and changes in rhythms and validates findings
• Identifies appropriate lead selection and can initiate electrode placement, including skin prep, as
• Maintains and checks monitoring equipment daily. Reports repairs as needed.