1. Education: Associate's degree required or two years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: health care, design of an electronic healthcare record system or information technology.
2. Licensure: Current EpicCare Ambulatory certification required. New hires and transfers have 45 days from completion of sponsored Epic training to complete required Epic certification.
3. Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of electronic health record systems analysis, design, build and support required. Epic application implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and support experience preferred. Must have experience with data collection procedures and data management. Must have the ability to translate and write functional specifications, develop and document operational procedures, test software, and coordinate software release procedures. Experience with, or certification in any of the following applications or modules is preferred: EpicCare Ambulatory, Cadence, Prelude, Resolute Professional Billing, HIM- ROI, Security, Bones, Surescripts, SmartForms, Order Transmittal, Referrals, Reporting Workbench, Cadence, Haiku/Canto, CareEverywhere, Urgent Care and/or MyChart.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Knowledge and ability to work with microprocessor based systems. Good working knowledge of hospitals clinical departments and physician office practice operating procedures and policies preferred. Awareness of how, when and to what extent different system users relate to and communicate with one another.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Excellent skills in dealing with members of the public, patients and co-workers by utilizing positive communication, both written and verbal. Works effectively with administration, employees and medical staff