State/Province: South Carolina
Job Title: LAN/WAN Administrator
Job Summary: Provides administration support for all network infrastructure systems within the enterprise across the various computer platforms. Serves as technical implementer for the deployment and support of network computer infrastructure, as well as insure proper maintenance of management tools, network documentation, and disaster recovery procedures. Works with System Administrators, Applications group and other departments to provide a stable and scaleable network infrastructure. Responsible for technical hardware/software/cabling, bandwidth engineering, configuration planning, administration, and support of data and communications network, including facilities planning. Performs any and all activities associated with the network infrastructure and telecommunications services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, switches, routers, gateways, as well as VPNs, firewall, etc. Contacts: Communicates with and actively participates with all levels within the corporation.
RESPONSIBILITIES % OF TIME
1. Provide overall support functions involving the short-term operational and long-term strategic planning, installation, monitoring, and overall management of the network infrastructure environment, including LAN, WAN, VLAN. VPN, and Internet access/firewalls. 15%
2. Insure proper levels of fault tolerance and disaster recovery to include overall planning, systematic testing, and all other activities that would insure the ability to provide a stable, consistent network infrastructure. 10%
3. Responsible for maintenance and support of remote access environment (dial-in, VPN, etc.) by providing strong security services, including intrusion detection, authentication, access control, vulnerability analysis, auditing, and incident handling. 10%
4. Proactively work with internal IS staff, system users, and management to implement technological solutions to improve, enhance, and expand the functionality of the network infrastructure. 10%
5. Responsible for ensuring the integrity, validity, accuracy, and accessibility of all network systems and technologies. Primary emphasis is on the convergent technological infrastructure and operational management. 20%
6. Responsible for system performance, network/system management, change control, documentation, technology assessment, device and process standardization, and vendor relations. Producing network availability and uptime system reports as scheduled or requested. Conduct bandwidth capacity planning and trend analysis. 25%
7. Responsible for insuring that at least one other support resource has sufficient skill sets to perform all primary and secondary duties in case of one’s absence and assist other support personnel in gaining the required skill sets needed to support the network environment. 10% Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Skills: Knowledge/Skills: Must be fully/independently technically competent and physically capable to perform computer duties as listed within with technical guidance of the Network Engineer. Must be able to rapidly read, comprehend, and put to practical use, a wide variety of technical literature. Must be able to translate technical information and procedures into user solutions. Must be able to write and speak clearly to communicate effectively with users. Must develop and produce without assistance presentation-quality User Requirements and documentation. Must impart confidence to the users. Must respond to emergencies in a timely manner. Must respond to and actively participate in disaster situations to restore information access to critical users such as administrators, doctors, nurses, and patients.
Work Demands/Environment: Frequent sitting. Frequently requires long periods of working at a computer. Intermittent walking. May require lifting or moving items up to 25 lbs. Frequent use of finger/hand dexterity. Constant talking or hearing. Corrected hearing and vision to normal range. No exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue. Possible exposure to infectious materials, communicable diseases and/or other conditions common to a healthcare environment. Normal office environment. Requires work under stressful conditions, deadlines, and/or irregular hours. Ability to read and comprehend. Frequent home reading assignments. Requires on-call duty 24-hrs/day for emergency response to critical technical situations requiring immediate attention. Travel may be required. All work must be performed in cooperative team environment with other information services staff.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of related experience or Associate’s Degree with 6 years of related experience - Required BICSI and/or MCP/MSCE certification - Desired Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification required or must be obtained within 90 days of employment - Required Demonstrated experience in providing network infrastructure support including local and wide-area networks - Required Experience with bridging, switching, and routing technologies; theory and practice - Required Experience with network management technologies SNMP, RMON, etc. - Required Experience with OSI networking model and its use in network design and troubleshooting - Required Experience with Remote Access solutions - Required Experience with TCP/IP (including IPSec, SNMP, DHCP, WINS, and DNS) - Required May substitute minimum qualifications with 5-7 years of continuous experience and/or education directly related to the job duties - Required Demonstrated experience in providing network infrastructure support including local and wide-area networks. Ability to manage multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities. Self-motivated with the understanding that expectations and evaluations are based on peak performance; not minimum standards. Possesses strong team skills and good interpersonal communication skills. Three years experience administering similar network environments.