Provides analysis of clinical, research, and/or financial data integration requirements in terms of decision support, data warehouse and/or business intelligence or data management environments.
Impacts data management for institutional data.
Essential Job Functions
Develops programming and systems solutions to integrate data into reporting and data management environments. Captures integration metadata and rules associated with integrations into metadata repository. Designs simple to complex queries using structure query language. Performs problem solving and formulation and testing of hypotheses and complex analysis of data. Oversees efforts to ensure consistent methodologies are followed and makes recommendations where necessary. Advises on proper programming techniques and assists in programming complex problems. May act as a team lead.
• Advanced computer programming experience, especially using R programming
• Ability to analyze and integrate data from multiple molecular types (e.g., DNA, RNA, protein, etc.)
• Design, implementation and evaluation of various computationally-based projects
• Work closely with upper management and other research computing personnel on the development and innovative application of advanced simulation, data analysis, visual analytics or other computational techniques to advance projects
• Develops and/or deploy computational approaches to research, such as more effective algorithms, programming methods, software tools, and underlying systems, in order to facilitate effective analyses
• Plans, conducts, coordinates collaborative efforts in the integration of complex computational methods, systems and/or services within diverse research environments
• Works to standardize data analytic tools and develop a computational analytics portfolio and communicate existing and new tools and services to other team members
• Evaluates findings to develop new concepts, methods, processes or systems, or to develop applications of findings to new uses
• Prepares technical reports and other documentation for use by upper management and team members for long-and short-range projects and planning.
• Experience working closely with clinical and laboratory researchers
• Deep familiarity with medical and molecular features for analysis (e.g., survival outcomes, pathological markers, DNA, RNA, protein)
Seven years of integration programming and/or systems level experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.