The Technical Senior Project Manager is responsible for successful delivery of large scale, highly complex projects with senior-level sponsors and stakeholders. The successful candidate ensures use of standardized project management methodologies, processes and tools. The Senior Project Manager delivers within approved budget, schedule and meets quality standards. Candidate must have knowledge of data conversion requirements and be able to work between different vendors and operational stakeholders to ensure data integrity and effective delivery of data.
• Is accountable for the successful completion of assigned large scale, highly complex/highly visible MHS project initiatives working with numerous organization-wide stakeholders and/or Project Sponsors, meeting time and budget requirements.
• Responsible for the Project Team communication and organizational communication for assigned projects
• Develops the project plans for assigned projects including the development of the project budget plan.
• Manages the full project lifecycle for the assigned large/ highly complex MHS projects including all the complexities and risks.
• Manages the activities of other project coordinators and/or project managers to maintain the objectives of the assigned projects
• Assists business process owners and operational leaders in the development of project plans and strategies to take advantage of business opportunities on assigned projects
• Develops strong connections to sources of external trends and best practices and appropriately integrates these best practices to assigned projects.
• Is an expert resource to all Project Managers, teaching process improvement techniques and skill development
• Contributes to the success of the organization by meeting organizational competency expectations and core values, continuously learning, and by performing other duties as needed or assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
•Knowledge/understanding of project management theory, practices and methods
•Knowledge of and skill in the use Microsoft® Project and Microsoft® Office Suite
•Knowledge of clinical information systems, including Epic
•Knowledge of technical processes including data structure, health information exchange methodologies, and validation/remediation processes
•Skill in working across multiple projects, providing deliverables and updates across each effort.
•Skill in clinical operations, clinical information systems, process improvement, and quality initiatives
•Skill in coordinating team activities to achieve project deliverables
•Skill in the use of the project management tools and processes
•Skill with Microsoft Project Server Skill in prioritizing and coordinating team activities to achieve project deliverables
•Ability to manage large scale, highly complex/highly visible MHS project initiatives working with numerous organization-wide stakeholders and/or Project Sponsors, meeting time and budget requirements.
•Ability to teach project management skills and processes
•Ability to communicate effectively
•Ability to work independently and take initiative
•Ability to set priorities and use good judgment
•Ability to multitask various job duties and responsibilities
•Ability to organize and communicate complex data clearly and simply
•Ability to drive actions
•Ability to take ownership
•Ability to address improvement areas essential for effective leadership
•Ability to give tactful, honest and balanced feedback to peers and customers when asked
•Ability to coach and mentor others on project skills to build self-sufficiency
•Ability to empower team members and hold them accountable for performance
•Ability to adapt presentations and discussions to appeal to the interest and goals of others
•Ability to facilitate solutions through analytical and critical thinking
•Ability to gain negotiated solutions without damaging relationships
•Ability to identify and solve problems
•Ability to identify and accurately analyze and resolve project related issues effectively
•Ability to work efficiently under pressure and use good business judgment
Epic certification and experience with Epic implementations is strongly preferred.
Epic Beacon experience strongly preferred.