• Working as part of the IT Security team, the Systems Security Administrator II position will provide user account management support services in a professional and timely manner. Primary duties will be to perform security access and other account management tasks on the infrastructure network user accounts and selected key business application accounts across the enterprise.
• Process routine and complex requests for creation, modification, and termination of infrastructure user accounts across multiple domains and selected key business application accounts on various platforms.
• Maintenance of appropriate documentation of the user request process including the authorization forms.
• Provide training and assistance to users with access request forms, signing on to the system, utilization of resources granted and general security awareness.
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolving routine and/or refers complex problems to the Security Administrator III or other technical professional.
• Assist in the coordination of regular reviews of infrastructure and key business application user access by the appropriate IT and business personnel, as well as the fulfillment of other user-related service requests.
• Fulfill service requests submitted through the Call Center.
• Produce evidentiary documentation for Auditors and Regulators.
• Assist in supporting and facilitating departmental initiatives and procedures, to ensure compliance with applicable internal and external regulations and guidelines under the direction of the Supervisor.
• Reports suspected violations of security policy or procedures to the Information Security Manager.
• Assist with the support or coordination of other departmental objectives and projects as necessary under the direction of the Supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school graduation or GED with vocational training in computer science or related area and five (5) years experience in computer environment, including two (2) years equivalent experience in related field. Prefer experience in active directory accounts, groups, profiles, remote access, email lists, Windows NT/2000/XP, Novell Administration, ConsoleOne, GroupWise Client, and Heat. Experience with additional network control utilities helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Work requires knowledge of computer security access controls and user account administration functions.
• Work requires excellent organization and communication skills.
• Work requires strong customer service skills.
• Work requires ability to evaluate and interpret client requirements.
• Work requires above average data entry (keyboard) accuracy.