Works under minimal direction to provide technical skills required to generate, modify, and maintain computer operating system software of moderate complexity.
1. Participates in analysis of software system problems of moderate complexity and formulates and implements solutions to such problems.
2. Performs programming, testing, and documentation.
3. Recommends development of system routines needed for efficient use of computer system resources; designs approved routines; oversees implementation.
4. May specialize in specific area of system software, such as telecommunications or information systems with responsibility for implementation and maintenance.
5. Participates in planning of enhancements and modifications to software; identifies impact of such changes.
6. Trains Software Systems Specialists I as required.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduation supplemented by successful completion of vocational training in computer programming and five (5) years computer operation and programming experience, including at least one (1) year as Software Systems Specialist I or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
? Work requires exercise of considerable judgment.
? Work requires personal contacts with data processing personnel of other computer centers and very occasionally with user personnel.
? Work may require need to work non-standard hours.