The LexisNexis Risks Solutions recently surveyed more than 30 members of the college of Healthcare Information Management Executives on what their focus will be for 2019. These executives consist of all sizes of organizations from: hospitals, long-term care facilities and health plans. In that survey, the CIO’s mentioned that their main priorities were:
- Strengthened Cybersecurity
- Organizations are starting to use multiple layers of security such as onetime passwords and knowledge based authentication.
- They want to make sure patient information is confidential and protected.
- Better data governance
- CIO’s stated that there are challenges with mismatched patients and duplicate records.
- There will be a stronger emphasis on health information management and quality assurance.
- Improved patient engagement
- Care is also starting to be driven by the desire to do what is right compared to complying regulations.
- Organizations will always be looking for improved ways to make communication with the patient and provider more interactive via apps, portals or notes.
What would you like to see more of a focus on for 2019?
This article was created by Stephanie Sok, Business Researcher, Global Healthcare IT, Inc. with assistance from the following base line articles: For more on each please click on the link.
Stephanie can be reached on email@example.com.