Happy early Independence Day from Global Healthcare IT!
Here are a few safety tips for you and your family from CPSC:
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks, and always have an adult supervise fireworks activities, including those involving sparklers and bottle rockets.
- Avoid buying fireworks packaged in brown paper. This is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and that they could pose a danger to consumers.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishaps.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- After fireworks have completely burned, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it, in order to prevent a trash fire.
These tips were taken directly from CPSC.gov. For more information please click on the link.